Applicants must meet the requirements listed below to be eligible to apply under this program as an entrepreneur:
- A minimum net worth of C$500,000.
- Minimum three years entrepreneurial or relevant business management experience.
If the applicant is approved by the SINP – Entrepreneur Category, in order to earn a nomination for permanent residency he/she will be required to:
- Invest a minimum of C$300,000 in Regina and Saskatoon or a minimum of C$200,000 in all other Saskatchewan communities.
- Establish a business that aligns with the points assigned in the Entrepreneur Category Points Grid, if applicable.
- Own at least one third (33 1/3%) of the equity of a business in Saskatchewan unless your total investment is at least C$1 million.
- Provide active and on-going participation in the day to day management and direction of the business.
- In case of a new business in Regina or Saskatoon, create two employment opportunities for Canadians or permanent residents in Saskatchewan (non-relative workers).