Nova Scotia Family Business
The Family Business Worker stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) assists employers in hiring workers who are close relatives and have the work experience and required skills for positions employers may have been unable to fill with a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
Applicants must meet the requirements listed below to be eligible to apply under the Nova Scotia Family Business Worker Stream:
- Have a full-time, permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer who is a close relative (child or grandchild, sibling, niece or nephew, aunt or uncle, who has lived in Nova Scotia for at least two years, and who owns an established business in Nova Scotia.
- Be between 21 and 55 years old.
- Have at least high school diploma.
- Have sufficient work experience or relevant transferable skills for the job.
- Have sufficient English and, or French language ability to fulfill job duties.
In addition to meeting the above criteria, successful applicants must show that they have sufficient settlement funds to support themselves and their dependants after arrival in Canada.