Nova Scotia Express Entry
The Nova Scotia’s Express Entry Stream (Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry) is for highly skilled individuals who wish to live in the Province of Nova Scotia using the Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s Express Entry System.
There are two subcategories under Nova Scotia Express Entry Program:
- Nova Scotia Demand
- Nova Scotia Experience
To apply to the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream, the applicant must:
- Have a permanent full-time job offer (in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B) from a Nova Scotia employer OR have at least one year paid work experience in the last five years in one of the occupations which are in demand in Nova Scotia.
- Have a foreign diploma, certificate or credential and its educational credential equivalency assessment by a designated body or Canadian educational credential.
- Have at least 1 year experience in the last five years Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B.
- Have the minimum language proficiency threshold of CLB 7 in all 4 language areas abilities (reading, writing, listening and speaking) in either English or French.
- Score at least 67 points under the selection factors.
To apply to the Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry Stream, the applicant must:
- have at least 1 year of work experience in Nova Scotia;
- be 21 to 55 years old;
- have a Canadian high school credential or equivalent;
- prove language ability in English or French on the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). You need CLB 7 for skilled work in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0 and A. You need CLB 5 for NOC B positions;
In addition to meeting the above criteria, successful applicants must show that they have sufficient settlement funds to support themselves and their dependants after arrival in Canada.