There are two pathways:
1- Entrepreneur Pathway
The renewed Entrepreneur Pathway replaces the previous MPNP-B stream. It allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business people from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish, purchase a business or become partners in an existing business within the first 24 months of arrival in Canada on a temporary work permit. Applicants are no longer required to submit a deposit of $100,000 to the Manitoba Government.
- Minimum of three years of full time work experience in the past five years either as an active business owner or working in a senior management role of a successful business.
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 5
- Minimum Canadian high school certificate equivalent
- Minimum investment is $250,000 for businesses situated in the Manitoba Capital Region or $150,000 if a business is situated outside of the Manitoba Capital Region.
- Obtaining Minimum Score in Manitoba Point Grid
2- Farm Investor Pathway
The renewed Farm Investor Pathway (FIP) replaces the previous Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative. The Pathway is for individuals with proven farm business experience, sufficient available capital to invest, and who intend to establish and operate a farm operation in rural Manitoba.
- Minimum of three years farm ownership and operation experience supported by verifiable documents.
- If you are invited to attend a FIP interview, you will be required to conduct the interview in either French or English.
- At least $300,000. You are expected to establish a farming business in rural Manitoba.